Thursday 29 December 2011

Finding Neverland ... Personalised jewellery.

I've been saving this post for a while, well just until Christmas had passed, as the product I am about to blog about was a present. I found ANOTHER great Facebook page, this time belonging to Clare Birkby who makes personalised jewellery that incorporates your child's handprints, footprints, drawings, fingerprints and even scan pictures, http://www.facebook.com/neverlandcreations?sk=wall. There are a fair few websites that also sell these products but, Clare's prices are by far the cheapest I've come across (quality is NOT sacrificed for this) and the customer service you receive from Clare is beyond any I have ever received ... I even received an email Christmas card from her!!


So what did I buy? Well, despite coming close to ordering myself a neckless, a charm for my Links of London bracelet and countless other items, I ordered a keying for James inscribed with 'love you daddy' with Riley's handprint on. I emailed Clare who sent me out a handprint pack for £5 so that I could take Riley's handprints/footprints and then take a picture to email to her so she could get to work.


This is what I sent to Clare:


Riley's handprint taken on October 30th 2011 (5 and a half months). 

Once my print had been sent and my invoice paid, I waited for Clare to work her magic and for Riley's Christmas present to his daddy to arrive; delivery is 21-28 days from when payment is received and costs £5, though I think Clare does have an express delivery service (which is charged, understandably, at a higher price). 

You can see my reflection in the keyring, unfortunately I couldn't get a better picture. 

The box it came in, there is also a care card/leaflet with it. 

When you look closely at the keyring and the print I sent to Clare, you can see this is Riley's hand, exactly; the splodge on the thumb, the bent in little finger, the circular make up of the fingers and the little dents depicting the lines on his hands in the outer shape of the hand. As far as I can tell, James was very happy with his personal keyring from Riley, so much so he doesn't want to use it and ruin it! 
I LOVE how personal this jewellery is and I have already picked (and told James) which pieces I would like from Clare. I'm a bit late for my birthday but Mother's day isn't far away!! 

4 comments:

  1. This is a gift that everyone will want to have, super cute handprint jewellery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I have just clicked on this link; I LOVE the cut out hand print with grandad tag keyring and some of the pendants are beautiful ... I LOVE the message ring pendant ... I think this would be great with charms also on it of little one's hand/footprints. Is this your compnay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may also try components which are outside your comfortable area so long as they go well with your clothing. When picking a jewellery style, make sure you determine what your best configurations are first then aim at enhancing them.
    fingerprint jewellery

    ReplyDelete