Monday 28 November 2011

D.I.Y Calendar for 2012

I have been thinking about making my own calendar for 2012, you know the ones where you choose your own pictures. Despite the fact I'm on maternity leave and should have plenty of time, I have never actually got round to beginning the process (I wouldn't really know where to start either). 


Last week in Poundland I came across a blank calendar with spaces to put your own pictures in. This cost a grand total of, yep you guessed it, £1. The calendar actually comes with one pack of 12 6"x 4" white glossy photo paper, so that you can print your pictures at home. I however went to my local Tesco and printed them off in there. 

Blank calendar - 2012.

In about 15 minutes, I had transformed my blank calendar into a 2012 calendar full of pictures of Riley. Because the picture spaces were all for landscape pictures and a lot of mine were portrait, I mounted my pictures onto coloured pieces of card to hide the borders already provided. Here are a few pages from my calendar ... 

 January.

 Looking summery for August.

December.

This calendar is similar to the products offered at this time of year,  particularly on websites like funky pigeon and in stores like Tesco and Asda BUT, at a fraction of the price!

I'm now feeling creative ...

No comments:

Post a Comment